This is a one day waxing course with an assessment day that is aimed at introducing this popular and highly profitable Salon Treatment. The course consists of a theory session with a full practical assessment. Emphasis is put on the ability of the therapist to perform a confident and competent wax treatment. You will learn the techniques of warm waxing and the basic theory of hot film waxing.
- Introduction to waxing
- Preparation and general practice
- Anatomy and physiology of hair and skin
- Product information covering the benefits and uses of warm wax, all crème waxes and hot wax.
- Equipment demonstration, which includes detailed information on the equipment being used.
- Application and removal of wax
- Following the instructions and guidelines that have been presented, all students will then be required to perform a full wax treatment.
Students must have a certificate in one of the following: Hair/beauty, nails, sports therapy, aromatherapy or holistic therapy.
Day 1: Students are required to work on each other performing ½ leg, underarm and bikini line wax. Hair must be grown 2-3 weeks prior to class.
Assessment Day: Models are required, as this is an assessment day. Students are to perform ½ leg, underarm and bikini line in commercially viable time.